Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Medical Spin-The-Bottle

One of the funny (funny weird, not funny ha-ha) things about lupus is that the individual symptoms could be absolutely anything.  Come on-- who gets a mouth full of canker sores and gasps, "Ohmigosh!  I might have lupus!"?   That's just not how this stupid disease works.  It doesn't like to be flashy and unique.  It wants to fit in with the rest of the disease crowd. 

So, because of that, one's symptoms are extremely vague and could be anything to your doctor, too.  It's only when you sort of smash everything together does a lupus diagnosis start to make more sense. 

So, just for funsies, here's a list of everything I've been told might be the source of my sufferings.   It's a pretty interesting list, for a lot of reasons, but mostly because it's frickin' long. Enjoy! 

From 2001 to 2010, I’ve been told I might have or have been tested for the following:

Severe allergies
Behcet’s Disease
Cancer
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Celiac Disease
Chronic sinusitis
Crohn’s Disease
Depression
Diverticulitis
Endometriosis
Fibromyalgia
Folliculitis
Heart attack
HIV
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lyme Disease
MS
Ovarian cysts
Pericarditis
A platelet disorder
Rheumatoid Arthritis (w/ intestinal involvement)
Ringworm
Syphilis
Thrush/candidasis

Oh, my, this is a lot of junk.  This is the reason I stopped believing anything my doctor told me sometime in 2007.   How long is your spin-the-bottle list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment